Cloud Library eBooks on Mobile Devices
To get started with eBooks on your mobile device (smartphone or tablet) you will first need to install the Cloud Library app, available for the following platforms: Apple iOS, Android, Windows, Apple Mac OS, Fire, Nook and Chrome.
Note: you will need to be connected to the internet and will need the details of your Apple or Google account if you are not already logged in.
- Search for ‘Cloud Library’ in the app store or playstore on your mobile device.
- Tap ‘get’ to download the app
Once you have installed Cloud Library, tap the icon to open it. Follow the prompts to sign in:
- Enter your location
- Select your library service: Casey Cardinia Libraries
- To use the services you will need to accept the terms and conditions.
- Enter your library card number and PIN.
Your app will open on the home screen:
- You can view current loans, holds & history, browse, access your account and log out.
Searching and browsing eBooks
- To search for an eBook, tap search on the menu at the bottom, then enter your keywords.
- Tap the search box to access the advanced search where you can look for particular authors, titles, series and genres.
- To browse, tap the search on the menu at the bottom.
- You can swipe through featured content.
- View all available genres and subcategories under ‘All’, next to ‘Favourites’.
- Tap on a title you are interested in
- Press the borrow button
Before borrowing you can read the blurb and other information about the book. Use the save button for later if you don’t wish to check it out yet.
Reading an eBook
You will be given an option to read, return or save for later when you click on a book cover.
- eBook loans will download automatically when you open the book for the first time.
- Once downloaded you can turn pages by swiping the screen and access the menu by tapping the screen. From there you can access font size, use the 3 dot menu to search the book and access table of contents or bookmarks.
Returning an eBook
- It is good practice to return an eBook once you have finished with it. This will make it available for other library members sooner. You can do this in your account under the My Books tab using the return button.
- All eBooks are automatically returned by the expiry date.
Cloud Library eBooks on PC or Laptop
The best way to view eBooks on Cloud Library on your PC or Laptop is through the Cloud Library app for Windows.
Once you have installed this, follow the instructions above for mobile devices.