Casey Cardinia Libraries is committed to provide inspiring spaces where everyone is free to discover possibilities.
We want everyone using our libraries to feel welcome and safe.
The Golden Rule – Respect the rights of all library users to have an enjoyable and pleasant experience.
Public libraries have changed a lot in recent years so we want you to know that when accessing library services and equipment:
- Our libraries are shared spaces where everyone can come together to read, create and learn.
- We love sharing our stuff, but you need to be a member to borrow items or use equipment – so join the library – it is free!
- We love good humour and it is okay to have fun in our libraries. Happy noise is okay, but yelling is not.
- You are welcome to bring food and non–alcoholic drinks into our library as long as you are considerate of other library users, equipment and materials.
- As a parent or caregiver you are responsible for the people in your care at all times.
- You are responsible for your own belongings.
- We will get serious if your behaviour is out of line – please respect our people or you may be asked to leave.
- We will always welcome your thoughts and ideas on how we can improve our services.
Membership is free but proof of identity is required. When you join the Casey Cardinia Libraries, you agree to:
- Be responsible for all items borrowed on your card or any card held by your children or dependents under the age of 18.
- Applicants under 18 years old must have their membership signed by a parent or guardian to act as guarantor and accept responsibility for items borrowed.
- You need your library card to borrow items.
- Please tell us if you change your address details (you will need to show proof of your new address).
- If you lose your library card, please tell us straight away so we can ‘stop’ the card and make sure no one else can use it. There is a small charge to get a new card.
- Return or renew items by their due date.
- Lost or damaged items must be paid for unless a valid reason is provided.
You can join the library online, provide feedback on our service, or contact one of our branches directly.